
Skateboarding has evolved greatly in the past few decades. When the first kickflip was landed, skating flipped. Limits were pushed. Each new day brought new tricks. New limits.
My view of skating has changed in the past 4 years at college. Meeting new friends to skate with helped progress my skating ability but I know there isn't a pro model in my future. I never thought I'd ever see real talent evolve in front of my eyes until i met Paul Hakel. Paul is easily the smartest and most talented person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He lacks an ultimate focus however. I always joke about him going pro and succeeding in a skating career. As the end of our college career approaches, this could be the last ditch effort to try to catch the dream every skate kid dreams of.
An idea crept up in my head. How can I push Paul, push him to pro status, or something close? Learn every trick, invent something new, progress skating. With influences from www.theberrics.com and our skating past I have thought of this:
The Idea: Get 100 tricks, bolts captured on media.
The Aim: Showcasing raw talent that is expelled from Paul everyday that only the St. Bonaventure campus has the chance to see, will change his life.
Paul has the talent and the capability to do great things on and off the skateboard. I've watched him land switch 360 flips with his eyes covered first try. Darkslide and grape flip. He blows my mind every second he rolls by me. He has the fundamentals. He has the tools. What lies ahead in the next 100 days could change the skating world.

No comments:
Post a Comment